Monday, August 20, 2012

Day 20

Twenty down and ten to go.

The best result so far?  I have a calm energy that lasts about 12 to 14 hours a day.  No more crashing at 3 p.m. with my book and a thrown together dinner.

Biggest disappointment so far?  Although I have lost weight, I have not lost the belly fat and the bulge at waist level above my hips.  Which indicates, if I'm understanding all the science thrown at me in the last two weeks, the blood sugar is still playing games with my hormones.  That's so oversimplified but it's the best I can do.

Still working toward being fat-adapted rather than sugar-adapted.  Sigh.  I am assured that will come and it would probably help if I would exercise.  That's the September challenge.

I managed to get all my recipes into one volume, separated by type--chicken, beef, fish, lamb, vegetables, eggs, soup, salad and miscellaneous.  There are more categories but you get the picture.  Next step is to go though each section and get rid of everything I won't actually cook.  Probably at least half.  Maybe a lot more.

I made a week's worth of menus yesterday and a shopping list from which I did not deviate while picking up what I needed.  Nice not to have to think about what I'm going to cook and pack for lunch.

Nice tip from Kathy S.  Costco has some lovely baby romaine heads, grown hydroponically, supposedly eight to a package but so far my packages have contained nine.  They are the perfect size for one serving, wash easily and taste great. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment