Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day Two morning

The brain fog is worse.  This may be one of the days I need a keeper.  Past experience tells me that after day three things will get better.

The Whole30 folks are pretty tough.    This is what they tell you if you whine about the 30 days being hard.


“It is not hard. Don’t you dare tell us this is hard. Quitting heroin is hard. Beating cancer is hard. Drinking your coffee black. Is. Not. Hard. You won’t get any coddling, and you won’t get any sympathy for your ‘struggles’.”

I agree with the sentiment and it's easier to give up coffee than drink it without cream so I've gone cold turkey and am not drinking coffee.  However, I am allowing myself one cup (about 12 ounces) of white tea around 11:30 a.m.

The hard part for me is the amount of planning and cooking involved.  More on that after I get my brain back from wherever it wandered to without coffee.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Constance..

    Just read the guidelines for this thing. I'm so glad you're doing it, sounds like a great thing to try and see what happens. I am infinitely fascinated with our relationship to food and all the emotional stuff that goes along with it. Also, I'm glad you're not drinking coffee.

    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete